Role Plays & Case Studies
Real life situations are created and analyzed as a tool to improve people management skills and learn to deal with difficult situations in a sensitive, but effective way. Personal style, experience and your company policies influence acceptable approaches. Role play is used, as appropriate, to practice handling typical workplace scenarios and communicating a difficult message. Case studies can include topics like:
- Finding the time to coach
- Counseling a good person, but not the "right fit"
- Dealing with poor performance
- Keeping a top performer who isn't quite ready to be promoted
- Managing a "star" who is not a team player